Estimates are the ultimate starting point in Vectio. All other item types - Orders, Pending Trips, Active Trips, Completed Orders - are derivates of Estimates.
Estimates are meant to be used to record information exchanged with potential customers, that may or may not result in a formal order. A lot of companies don't record these informal conversations, and miss out on collecting and analyzing important sales data as a result. Our estimate form is designed for information in-take speed and simplicity, expediting the order confirmation process and collecting valuable sales activity data.
Information flows through Vectio in this order: Estimates are completed to become Orders; Orders are Completed to become Pending Trips; certain actions are performed on Pending Trips to make them Active Trips; Active Trips are completed to become Completed Orders.
The "Managing orders" section in the Help Center will go through each of these stages in managing a shipment, starting with Estimates in this Article.
Creating an Estimate
To create an Estimate:
- Click on the yellow Floating action button with the "+" found in the bottom right-hand corner of all Dashboards
Filling out an Estimate
To fill out and complete an Estimate:
- Fill out the fields in the Estimate as you gather information from your customer
- Fields marked with an "*" require a value for the Estimate to be saved
- Copy data from previously saved estimates by clicking on the desired Estimate shown under "Suggested estimates" in the right drawer
- Click Continue to save the Estimate as completed and start a full Order
- Click Save and close to save the Estimate for later editing
- Click Decline to save the Estimate as completed, but marked as declined by the customer
Skipping to an Order
To skip straight to an Order form without filling out an estimate:
- Click on the blue Floating action button with the right arrow found in the bottom right-hand corner of the New estimate form
- Skipping straight from an Estimate to an Order will not save the Estimate
Editing an Estimate
To edit a previously saved and closed Estimate:
- Click on the Sales option in the left menu
- Click on the Estimates view in the app bar
- Click on the menu icon in the far right of the Estimate you want to edit, and then click on the Edit option in that menu; or
- Click on the Estimate you want to edit, and then click on the Edit icon in the secondary toolbar under the app bar